Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, January 28, 2024

More of my simple life

  

Next weekend is our celebration of Imbolc, or Brigit's Day. Feb. 1 or 2.



The various vitamins and prescriptions I take - the ones upside down are duplicates waiting till I finish another bottle.

Last full moon of 2023 as seen from space.



The best salmon (fresh caught Atlantic) I've fixed... baked 10 minutes with the foil closed, then 4 minutes with it open...just some garlic powder, pepper and maple syrup drizzled over them, at 450 in toaster oven.




My place setting for lunch Friday, Jan. 26, 2024 at the Lakeview Center, courtesy of Council on Aging. Roast pork, brussels sprouts, baked sweet potato, biscuit with apple butter, banana and beverage. We use a name card because often we're sitting with new people. I enjoyed hearing about a couple who go on cruises ever year while enjoying this lunch. I bring my own fork, knife and spoon, and cup. That cuts back on single use plastic just a bit.

Today's quote:
When you turn the corner / And you run into yourself / Then you know that you have turned / All the corners that are left.
-Langston Hughes, poet and novelist (1902-1967)




9 comments:

  1. ...I take a bunch of pills too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have some investment in pharmaceuticals, since I'm keeping them in business!

      Delete
  2. I think that's very clever with your pills! I'm so glad you got to enjoy that lovely meal. Thank you for sharing your always worthwhile. Thoughts with us. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cloudia. It's great to share good thoughts...I often clip yours for later. Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. My the pills keep you going to many more luncheons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Why do I take all those pills? Well, at least to live healthily (or close thereto) for another day!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. And...being the only one eating it, I have it for several meals left over!

      Delete
  5. The salmon looks and sounds amazing! Celebrating Imbolc with you. Your life is simple, but filled with meaning and purpose.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.