Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, January 12, 2024

Just saying...

 The ABC's of life


by Lori Roberts

Some beautiful Florida skies, sharing with Skywatch Friday.


Downtown Tampa, and one of the mid-size buildings in the middle was designed by the architectural firm I worked for, and I did preliminary interior design for the board-room. That was in the 70s.

Among the views I recognize in St. Petersburg FL, this movie theatre's plaza (and shops)..


Wish I knew what kind of tree this might be, blooming in December in FL.


Many many apartments/condos going up in St. Pete FL. Fence pic shows what it's supposed to look like when finished.



And a bit of bare knee to show the circle of teeth marks from the dog which bit through my slacks this morning when I walked closer in hopes of getting to know my new neighbor, while his dog continually barked. It was a tiny little thing, white with black nose and eyes, and on a leash. I reported it to the management. He's (dog's owner) been living in another apartment and just moved across from me, and the dog barks constantly when he's outside. My peace and quiet has a limit now. I am surprised by how shook-up I felt from this small creature's attack.

I found out after reporting this to the management, that the dog used to belong to someone else here before, who had died.  I remembered the dog would mostly obey her and sit at her feet on her electric chair, but if it got off the leash it would be really hard for others to catch. And the dog's name is Barkley. I was cautioned to just stay away from the dog.

Hope you have a wonderful peaceful healthy weekend!

Today's inspiration (perhaps having to do with Christmas shopping)


We all want to provide our children with a good and happy life, but most of us know deep down that material possessions play a very small role.






14 comments:

  1. I like the ABC's of life image. Pretty sky and blossoms. I keep my distance from dogs that I do not know, sorry you were bit by the neighbor's dog. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I have been bitten a few too many times, they aren't my friends. Or the owners aren't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seldom come close to dogs, and always ask owners if they want to be petted. Sometimes I like to take their photos, which owners are always thrilled to do. Then I post the photos here. But as a cat person, I can live a long time without more dog encounters!

      Delete
  3. What a bummer that that little dog bit you. The dog's human companion should be much more careful about its nippy little behavior. Take care there. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even though the dog has a history of being difficult, he's a new owner of it. I'm staying my distance.

      Delete
  4. So sorry about you getting dog bit. We got a pomeranian puppy last year and it has turned out to be a biter of some people, including me. It's amazing how many people come up and want to pet him and just ignore our warnings and then get their feelings hurt when we pull the dog away from them. He's okay almost all the time, but we don't want him biting anybody, especially a child.

    It's cool that you can see buildings that you helped design parts of. I designed, built and operated natural gas pipelines, compressor stations, and processing plants all over Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Oklahoma and I can still see some of them when I go on drives in the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool that you can also see the results of your work in gas pipelines in Texas. My son and wife have a pomeranian, and I haven't been bitten, but he also isn't interested in letting me pet him unless they or their children are holding him.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear of the dog bite. Sounds like the pet was given a right name. Hope your arm heals quickly and that such a thing does not happen again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes for my knee. Me too, will avoid being anywhere near him.

      Delete
  6. Hello Barbara, Thank you for your recent kind comment on my blog post, “The Chief Invites You.” The Going-to-the-Sun road is truly one of the highlights of a visit to Glacier. Your post today is quite interesting … I especially enjoyed the ABC’s of Life. Very good! Sorry to hear about the dog bite. I recommend you take whatever steps are necessary to prevent the dog's bark from disturbing your peace. John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to definitely avoid him. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on my comment. As you can see here, I just reply right to the comment, and I think anyone who wants to can be notified if they have questions in their comments...otherwise, the next people get to read both the comment and replies. Several bloggers seem to do that, and I like hearing that conversation, er, reading it.

      Delete
  7. Sorry your got a dog bite! I love dogs, as you know, but my son's Rottweiler bit me last year. He is actually the dog of his step-granddaughter.( The little girl has stolen my heart). Her parents divorced and her father was goig to just have her dog put down, so my son took the dog in until his step daughter could buy a house and have the dog. I am rarely scared of dogs, but I am very cautious around this one. His head was in my lap and I was petting him when he bit my hand. We don't think the man was very kind to the dog, he obviously didn't care about him since he was going to have him put down. I always have treats in my pocket when I am at their house. I think the man may have it the dog or held him down by his head and my stroking triggered something in his memory. My Cujo (red doxie who died last year) was a biter. He was abused as a puppy and he absolutely hated men, especially if they had a hat on. He was okay with women and would allow them to pet him, but he would go after small children. I always picked him up if we were aound people. In my arms he wouldn't bother anyone. You never know what trauma they experience before you get them unless they are puppies. The new owner needs to keep the dog away from people until they retrain him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about both the bite and the constant barking. You shouldn't have to put up with either one!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.