Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

The Baker's home

 


One of the Kachina dolls gracing their home

Yet another kind of lavender, which I'd never met before.


The Baker's home...where they say pumpkins will be given to critters in nearby woods.


The other Kachina doll guarding the home.


Don't you love the new style fireplace? Gets hundreds of channels!



My son and his wife unwrapping their Christmas presents from me...pottery set of pitcher, bowl and matching plate.


About to eat my first Moonlit Macaron, made by daughter-in-law!




Bev, sister of my daughter-in-law is a retired teacher and loves to garden!
*(photo removed to honor her wishes before I post this on Facebook)


My present from D I L a chakra balancing bracelet!

I haven't decided if I feel any different when wearing it yet!

Traveling west through Tampa to St. Petersburg, FL

Today's quote:

While we can’t control what’s happening around us, we can cultivate the capacity to be with what is, with more ease, joy, and freedom.

SEBENE SELASSIE

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful family photos, the gifts all look wonderful. Have a great day and a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't stopped by in awhile so didn't know of your trip for the holidays. What a nice spot to visit. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'll be boring you with more photos from my trip for quite a while! Happy new year to you also!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. THank you. I forgot to take any photos of that ceramic set, so this is how I will keep it in my portfolio!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos, Barbara, and that Chakra balancing bracelet is a lovely gift. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the love behind all my gifts, but this one is definitely special!

      Delete
  5. That is beautiful bracelet, and a charming home. The RV in front of the fireplace is brilliant! I had to look twice to see it actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the bracelet, but it does bite into my arm when I'm typing on computer (most of my time). Funny typo on your comment, I went back and looked for an RV!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.