Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Considering other intelligences

 No I'm not speaking of alien life forms, but of those we live with...as I was introduced to this author by an interview in Emergence Magazine.


Ways of Being: Animals, Plants, Machine: The Search for a Planetary Intelligence

I was quite excited because he's a techy, and knows about AI (Artificial Intelligence). But when I started getting into the first chapter, I realized that his book, published in 2022, and probably written a year earlier, was quite dated. We've got CHAT and Google and other AI formats available for all of us, getting anything written or artistically formed that we ask for.

AI has outpaced James Bridle. But I will continue to read him.

Why?

Because I am a pagan who believes in the inherent life of everything around me, from rocks, to water, to the air I breathe to animals, plants, and planets. And they each have their own intelligence!



While reading the introduction, I photographed some paragraphs that stood out for me...




So I have more to read there. Will be enjoying thinking how Bridle must be reacting to the newer AI generated stretches of intelligence now available.


Today's quote:

We cannot do the work of transforming the world unless we are in interdependent relationships—the work is too vast and complex for any one of us. …Let’s reach toward each other.

AKAYA WINDWOOD

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The last quote is great, so true! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not read anything else by Akaya Windwood, but am going to look for more.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really feel we are living with it already. Sort of everywhere, but invisible to our senses.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.